Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait

For the longest time I never knew what that meant. Everyone always said that "hurry up and wait" was like the military's motto. Well right now I get it 100%!!

Matt left at 5 am this morning to go swear in. Of course I couldn't go because I can't drive long distances due to my blood pressure being too low and not being able to find a ride. I dropped him off at the recruiters and I eventually fell back asleep. I woke up at about 10 am and was thinking about everything. Just wondering if he was on his way to the airport or something. Then I got a phone call, sure enough there was a "problem" with his contract and by "problem" they mean someone that was doing his paper work made a mistake. He hasn't been sworn in yet and they don't know if he can even join!!!

As much as I am going to miss him this news really did make my heart sink. We only have our apt for about another 15 days, where would we live? How would we pay for our storage unit? I canceled my medical insurance!!!

After about three hours I finally get another update. They are making an "exception" and letting him go in as specified before at the rank they had already said. GREAT...but really it was their mistake that is what they should do but now it's called them making an "exception" funny how that works. Don't get me wrong I am appreciative but really?! I mean it was their mistake.

Now it's too late for them to get him on a flight so he won't leave until tomorrow morning. This is also good news because it means one more day together. It also means that I have to find a way across town to go stay in the hotel with him because they won't just let him come home (I don't ? them so I don't know why). The hotel is over an hour away and then in the morning I will have to find a way back home or to the swear in at 9:30 am, he has to be down there at 5 am again and I can't go with him.

I guess this wouldn't be so hard if I could just drive...If I wasn't pregnant...If it wasn't an emotional roller coaster of life altering decisions!

So now I am waiting again. After weeks of hurrying through so much that I still have a lot to do after he leaves and am physically unable to do it myself (I just figure I'll find help, that's all I really can do).

I wonder how long I have to wait...to find out anything else...to meet up with my husband...to know that everything is set in stone, he is sworn in and on his way...geez, I think it's going to be a long 24 hours!

Photobucket